2023, June 3 — 6
Online Music Competition
Competition's auditions are held on the basis of video recordings, which the participants send in the form of links to YouTube, designed according to the requirements (see paragraph "Video recording rules"). The video recording must be made no earlier than 12 months before the start of the competition.
Listening to video recordings is carried out in three stages:
- First stage (qualifying round). The programs are listened to by an abbreviated jury, and according to the results, participants are determined who pass to the main stage — the second and third rounds of the competition. Participants who did not qualify for the second round receive a certificate of participation in the Selection Round of the competition.
- The second stage is the main one, and in groups D, E of solo categories, in groups 2, 3, 4 of the categories "Vocal Art" and in groups 3, 4 of ensemble categories it is divided into two rounds with different programs. The video recordings of the participants, passed on it, are listened to by the full jury (by commissions of narrow specialization, each of which consists of at least five people). Links to the videos of the participants of the second round are posted on their personal pages on the competition website and become publicly available.
2а. Based on the results of the First Main Round, the winners of the First, Second and Third Prizes are determined, as well as the winners of the competition in those categories and age groups in which the program, according to the rules, is presented within one round. In the remaining groups, according to the results of the First main round, participants are determined who will pass to the Second main round. Participants who did not qualify for the Second Main Round receive a certificate of participation in the First Main Round of the competition.
2b. Based on the results of the Second Main Round, the winners of the First, Second and Third Prizes are determined, as well as the winners of the competition in those categories and age groups in which the program, according to the rules, is divided into two rounds.
- Third stage — Final round of the competition. Only first prize winners take part in it. After the end of the auditions of the Main stage of the competition, the organizing committee creates and publishes on the website a video clip composed of recordings of one (selected by the jury) work of the program provided by the participants. The video clip is watched by representatives of the jury from each category, and each of them votes for one of the participants (any, regardless of the instrument). The Grand Prix is awarded if one of the participants gains 50 or more percent of the vote. In parallel, in the comments to the video on YouTube, a vote is held among the viewers, according to the results of which the "People's Choice Prize" is awarded.
The jury of the competition is formed of leading musicians-performers and teachers of secondary and higher musical education establishments in Sweden, USA, Germany, Russia, Belgium, Latvia, Georgia, Lithuania, Austria, Finland, Estonia and Norway.
The principles of the jury and the rules are reflected in a special normative document "Rules for the work of the jury of the competition" (see PDF)
The winners become laureates and diploma winners of the competition. All participants receive diplomas and certificates. They contain all the information about the participant sent to him in the application, including the educational institution, teacher and accompanist. Diplomas and certificates are sent to all participants in the form of scanned documents to the E-mail specified in the application.
- Cash prizes (total prize fund 200,000 rubles) for the winners in groups E of solo categories, in group 4 of the category "Vocal art" and groups 3 and 4 of ensemble categories.
- Diploma for the performance of own works